Selling Horses

Selling horses is decidedly un-fun.

Mike, my fiance, is concerned that I am so consumed with this process. It really is all I think about, but it's hard to not think about it. I am very much attached to Apollo, but I also want to move on. It's summer, the eventing season is in full swing and I am stuck in Dr. Seuss's "The Waiting Place." I am anxious to escape - I have even identified the horse I want to buy next - but at this point it may well be out of my control.

No perspective buyers have reached out to me. Apollo's been on the market for 5 weeks now. I am currently advertising on Equine.com, DreamHorse.com and Horse of Delaware Valley - not to mention all the flyers around the local tack stores. I've already lowered his price once.Do I lower it again? Should I go ahead and buy another horse knowing that things will be financial very tight until I sell Apollo? What if Apollo doesn't sell for months....?

Mike is right. I should try and not think about it so much.

Becca has been nice enough to let me compete Priscilla at the end of the month at Burgundy Hollow. It will be my first time going Beginner Novice since Milo. I'm pretty excited about it. I've ridden Priscilla twice this week and she's a honest, rideable horse. She's definitely what I would consider a point and shoot jumper, so I'm feeling pretty confident even though it's not likely I will get to take her cross country before the event.


Comments

Popular Posts