Apollo Update

Apollo, 2009

In Jan 2012, I sold Apollo, another thoroughbred of mine, to a young rider in North Carolina. I'm happy to report, they are doing awesome together! I get periodic updates through Facebook and Apollo looks super happy with his new rider. Together, they recently received their C-1 Pony Club rating and it looks like they are quite successful at the Pony Club rallies! Dressage, show jumping, cross country - they are doing it all. I've seen video footage and his new partner rides him better than me! How awesome is that??

Apollo is such a personable horse and has such a great personality -- a Pony Clubber was the perfect match for him! Lots of attention, lots of action, lots of fun.

Apollo was the first horse I sold and the process was tough. Mentally, it was hard to resolve the knowledge that I would give him a good life and excellent care, but someone else might not. It was also hard to simply admit that we weren't a good match, despite all of Apollo's talent. Well, his new owner couldn't be more perfect for him and he looks excellent! It's really a wonderful feeling!

In fact, his new family loves him so much, they want to know more about him and are trying to track down his pedigree. Apollo never made it to the track as a youngster though he did have pin-firing on his legs. I didn't get any Jockey Club papers when I purchased him, but was told he was bred at Maui Meadows and his sire was a stallion named, Fleg. They are working with Maui Meadows now and it sounds like they may have a match: Apollo = Flegoman. Looks like they may do DNA testing to confirm.

Some pictures...
Apollo far left - the perfect life!


Apollo, 2013








Comments

Popular Posts