Just 42 more days...

...of Insanity.

60 days. 6 days a week, with one day of rest. 9 weeks total. I've just completed week 3 and it was a tough week mentally. I can see why people eventually say "f-it" and quit. It just doesn't get easier. In fact, even though it's the same workouts as the previous 2 weeks, this week it felt twice as hard. My legs are giving out far sooner. My "bum" leg was really starting to bother me too, but luckily it seems to have worked itself out.

What can I say. It's just HARD. At one point this week, I actually started crying. I'm not kidding. I can't even explain it. One day it was just so hard. My legs were screaming. My arms were screaming. Mike quit with 10 minutes to go and I decided I would push through. But my whole body was just exhausted and that manifested in tears. I'm hoping this was a hump week and the good vibe kicks back into gear during week 4.

I'm trying not to think about the second month which is a whole new set off workouts, "Max Interval Training." The workouts go from 40 minutes to an hour. Ugh. There is a recovery week between month 1 and 2 with its own set of exercises so maybe the transition will be smoother than I think.

On the horse front, I've really lucked out. I met a girl at the barn, Jennifer, who just moved her gorgeous warmblood up to training. Turns out she has a trailer and offered to trailer me to any shows she's going to. I hadn't met her before because our barn schedules are completely opposite of each other. I'm there during the day; she's there in the evening. Then I was talking to another woman, Anne Marie, who is currently nursing her horse through some lameness issues, and she said I could hire her to trailer me where ever I wanted to go. Freaking awesome!!!! So between Courtney, Anne Marie and Jennifer, I should have no problem getting to competitions (I just need to keep Leo's feet happy).

My entry is in for Marlborough Horse Trials on September 23rd. Yay!






Comments

Popular Posts