"Dig Deeper!"

That's what Shaun T often yells during Insanity. It's a good life moto, I think.

We're on day 10 of Insanity and I can honestly say I already feel a difference in my riding. I jumped Leo for the first time in 4 weeks on Monday and I was strong - not winded, not red-in-the-face. It felt GOOOOD. I'm excited!

I'm convinced if I can make it through 60 days of Insanity, then I can pretty much do anything I put my mind to. The workouts don't get easier. I mean there are exercises called "suicide drills" so how could it possible get easier? I am still drinking my sweat through each workout. My thighs give out at about 30 minutes making the final 10 minutes complete torture. Yet strangely, I look forward to these workouts every day. I feel amazing knowing I can make it through each one. But the real motivation comes from knowing how different I feel in the saddle.

Leo was also awesome jumping; foot perfect. And he seemed happy to be jumping. We cantered around the ring and jumped the various exercises that were set up. We jumped a low wide oxer with the liverpool under it - complete with water in it from the recent rain storm. We jumped a skinny chevron to skinny chevron line and Leo was bold, forward and straight! There was a one-stride with raised placing poles throughout, making it a fun gymnastic exercise. We felt in total sync with every jump - a very rare thing indeed. Maybe partly because of my new-found Insanity strength?


Comments

Popular Posts