Arrival in Maryland

Leo shipped up to Maryland yesterday with Horse Jitney Transportation. Athena, the driver, was fantastic! Not only was the rate great, the service was top notch. I will definitely be using them again. Athena hit some bad traffic and weather on the way up which delayed her arrival, so Leo ended up spending the night at her farm south of Baltimore. Then she drove him up to An Otherwise Perfect Farm, his new home, this afternoon. Athena said he was a total pro and that she loved him - hah! He is a smart cookie that Leo; I really do think he kind of likes to travel and see new places.

I drove up today with my cats, Bogie and Chaplin. Chaplin stayed in his carrier the whole trip even though he had the optional to roam the car. Granted it was stuffed to the hilt and there wasn't much room to maneuver - maybe he was better off in his carrier. Bogie was quite brave! When I stopped, he would walk around the car and stretch his legs. He was pretty curious about it all. They are temporarily staying with Mike's mom, who lives about 40 minutes from Baltimore.

I checked on Leo tonight; few people were at the barn. I looked out to one of the pastures and saw a dark horse. I thought it was Leo, but I didn't want to call out to him and then have it be the wrong horse. I have to give myself a couple of days before I make a total ass of myself, right? Turns out it was Leo. He was totally relaxed. He's being turned out with this palomino pony, Willy - show name Will Ya Love Me. He's an advanced level eventer, ridden by Courtney Sendak - a fan favorite with both kids and adults because of his tiny size. Maybe Leo will learn a thing or two from him!

It's going to be an uncomfortable couple of weeks getting our living situation settled here. We're in a hotel, then staying at Mike's brother's house, then into a short-term rental. At least Leo is at a fabulous facility. At least that's one thing to give me peace of mind!

Comments

Popular Posts