Good-bye Charlotte, Hello Baltimore

Charlotte will be home to me, Mike, Chaplin, Bogie and Leo for just 2 more months. Mike accepted a job in Baltimore and we're moving back north. It's a HUGE relief to me; I simply have not grown fond of Charlotte and have been anxious to move on for quite some time.

When Mike and I went back to Baltimore 2 weeks ago, it was obvious how much Charlotte was missing - a foodie scene, a music scene, and an energetic city vibe that you get when you have a downtown area that city dwellers actually hang out in. Plus, Baltimore is on the water. There's just something refreshing about a city on the water. Having only really been to the harbor and Hampden, I was pleasantly surprised to discovered that Baltimore has beautiful city neighborhoods with stately houses, one of the few features I liked about Charlotte.

For eventing, Baltimore is a primo location. I looked at the USEA omnibus and there are 3 events in July, 3 in August and one every weekend in September - all within 2 hours of Baltimore. I also lucked out because Sally regularly teaches at 2 barns close to Baltimore - one within 30 minutes of the city and the other an hour away. Mike and I are flying back to Baltimore in 2 weeks to look at more houses and I'll be checking out barns too. My biggest concern with the barn hunt is making sure I am boarding with other competitors. As usual, without a truck and trailer, I am at the mercy of others for rides. All those years boarding at Pleasant Hollow and with Becca spoiled me. I am hoping to find a facility with a big trailer and lots of active competitors.

Leo and I are going Training at Windridge in 2 weeks! I am pretty excited. It's been a long 2 years working with Leo and getting to this point is quite an achievement for us!


Comments

Popular Posts