So what's next for Leo and Me?

I was at Full Gallop this past weekend helping Becca coordinate her rides between 3 horses, and managed to talk to Sally about my plans to move up to Training. I asked her what I needed to do to move up. She said I needed more match time with Leo; meaning lots of coursework so that I can develop my eye for distances and learn the combination and amount of aides I need to turn him accurately.

Full Gallop was the only other event I was eyeing for April but the novice course there is very straight forward. After talking it over with Ashley we have a new plan:
  • March 31 - The Ark HT at Novice
  • April 14 - The Fork Novice & Training Combined Test and clear round jumping
  • April 21/22 - Lucinda Green clinic
  • May - Combined Test TBD
  • June 9 - Carolina Horse Park Starter Trails - Training
This will give me plenty of time to practice the skills I'll need for Training level with Leo. I'll get one training event in before the summer break and then be able to start the fall season at Training level.

Slow but steady progress!

Comments

Popular Posts