The Highs and Lows of Riding

I had a great week on Leo, leading up to the Fair Hill competition this weekend. He was progressively getting better on the flat and he jumped beautifully during his jump school, which included a 3'6" oxer. Friday evening we had a flat lesson and practice our dressage test with Becca. Saturday when I showed up at the barn to get prepped for the show, Leo was lame.

We're not sure if its an abscess or just a bruised sole, but I had to scratch him from the competition regardless. Now I'm just wondering if he will be sound in time for Plantation Horse Trials on June 12. This spring is really just not coming together!

But then I think, well, it is just novice. Sally Cousin's 4-star horse came up lame the week of Rolex. Now that's heartbreaking. My goal was just to be able to move up to training this fall. If I don't move up to training until next spring, so be it.

Comments

Popular Posts