Supplement Changes

About 2 weeks ago, I changed Leo's supplements. The new grass is coming in so I took him off the Cocosoya Ultra SP, a weight building supplement, and put him on Succeed instead. Cocosoya contained probotics and prebiotics for his digestive system, and Succeed covers this. I replaced the Magnesium 5,000 with Quiessence, which contains a higher does of magnesium. Leo was off his feed a little bit the first week, but seems back to normal now.

At the Ark, I did the usual dose of So Kalm. I gave him 2 scoops with his dinner the night before; 2 scoops with breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately, it was not as effective as it was at previous events. It could just be due to the atmosphere at the Ark, or it just might not be working as well anymore. While I was at the Ark I picked up a bottle of Equine Chill from the Bit of Britain stand, which was another option Sally recommended. So we'll give that a try!

The good news is, Leo has been very settled before all of his cross country runs this year, though I haven't done any multi-day shows. We're making progress!

I am proud to say I am also making progress! All the no-stirrup work (plus the saddle change) is paying off. I saw in the show photos that my position is much improved. I have a Vega mono flap jump saddle being delivered on Tuesday for a test ride. I hope it fits Leo and I can keep it! It's a discontinued color so its $1300 less than a new Vega.




Comments

Popular Posts